CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lay Aside the things of this World...

And seek for things of a better!! (D&C 25:10)


I spend too much of my time focused on the things of the world, making my first priorities things that don't have eternal consequences. But so often, little glimpses of eternity remind me of what is important.....my family, my relationship with God and our Savior, and the way I treat people around me.


Today, I woke up to pee in bed...not from me, from a little person who climbed in my bed in the middle of the night. It sort of made me cranky this morning. I lugged my giant king sized comforter to the laundry room. It is "macaroni and cheese" orange...per Aeryn. I love it. Just walking in there reminded me that life is good....i have an orange laundry room!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE your orange laundry room!!

And I loved this post. SO true ... and thanks for the reminder. It seems like when Summer is VERY under way - I start to get angry with my kiddos for the silliest things. I need to sit back and remember what's important. I can't let any good moments slip through my fingers!

And ... phew that the pee wasn't you! hahahahahaha! loved that.

Stacey said...

I would love to see it... I am trying to decide what color to do mine ;)... Love your post! Amen to that :)

coach handbags said...

coach outlet
gucci outlet
coach factory outlet
supra outlet
gucci outlet
coach handbags
mbt shoes
coach bags outlet
coach outlet store online
coach bags outlet
coach outlet store
coach online outlet store

Megan B ♥ said...

Ooh, baby... I would love an orange laundry room too! In fact... maybe I should paint it. Hmmm....

learning2live said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
learning2live said...

hi! i know you don't know me, but your family is so beautiful and this post reminded me to keep my focus on things above. i stumbled accross your blog while searching for some inspiration and this helped so much! i am so excited to one day get married and have a beautiful family like yours. thank you for making my day and helping me remember what's important! =]